I know so many entrepreneurs who work their ass(excuse my language) off, but I never see or hear about them take a vacation. All work and no play! That doesn’t sound like an even trade off for all the work and dedication they constantly put in every day.
Entrepreneurs need vacation for growth.
Everyone deserves a vacation, especially entrepreneurs.
I know entrepreneurs work extremely hard, dedicating a lot of time to their business. But please remember, you are entitled to a vacation. Vacations are the perfect way to maintenance your mind! Vacations will help entrepreneurs grow for a lot reasons. I was able to ask this question to a couple of entrepreneurs and I came up with the top 5 Reasons vacation will help Entrepreneurs grow.
1. Vacations opens your mind. Going on a vacation will help get the mind out of mundane routines. It also gives you the ability to approach life from a different prospective. Traveling to different parts of the world cultivates your business. An entrepreneur from San Francisco bay area stated it keeps him fresh. Riding down the coast on a beautiful day and looking at redwood trees relaxes his mind. Entrepreneurs can get greats ideas for their craft. Chefs can get exotic dish ideas, event planners get ideas of different themes for occasions. I can go on and on. The point here is to broaden your horizons and be open to new ideas.
2. Vacations helps escape Stress. The life of entrepreneurs can be quite stressful at times. Vacations can help entrepreneurs make better decisions and help them clear their head. Because entrepreneurs work so hard vacations can help prevent burn-out. Travel expert Angela Jennings of Perfect Breeze Travel mentioned that some of her clients are Entrepreneurs and they just need to get away. She notices they are stressed and she recommends fun places to travel to ease their mind. Typically a 4 day 3 night stay in the Caribbean is a good vacation for entrepreneurs. It’s a short flight and quick getaway that is quite easy to plan. Once entrepreneurs return from vacation they are rejuvenated and refueled. Entrepreneurs are ready to execute projects and crush goals that will take their business to the next level.
3. Vacations helps with Networking. Traveling gives entrepreneurs the chance to network and meet others in their same field. Auto Leasing Owner Robert White of Dependable Lease and Management stated he had gone on several vacations and interacted with other people in the auto leasing industry. When on vacation, you become more social and talk to others. You will be surprised the like interest that you have with others all around the world. It’s important to bring business cards and keep connections with these people to bounce off ideas and possible business collaborations in the future. Leonard Person CEO and real estate investor of MyHouseGram stated networking is important on a global level not just local, especially for real estate. Real Estate investing is conducted all around the world and its beneficial to be globally connected. A lot of relationships are built on vacation, while relaxing. You never know who you meet. Meka Roberts an Independent associate for a health and wellness company chimed in with Corporate Networking. Entrepreneurs should take advantage of the vacations that offer them networking opportunities. You find what works and doesn’t work. Brain storming and helping each other with team building ideas are a must for every MLM.
4. Vacations are good for Rest. Vacations for entrepreneurs can rest your mind and body. A healthy relax mind and body is very essential for business development. While on a vacation entrepreneurs can read a good book, make an appointment for a massage. It feels really good to just lay out by the beach or pool. There are so many things entrepreneurs can do. Entrepreneurs are the backbone of their business and their efforts are the reason why the business works. A lot of times entrepreneurs don’t take time off in fear of the business not working properly and falling apart. Entrepreneurs add a lot of pressure to themselves because they have no one else to blame for the success or failures. Proper rest and a good reset will help keep entrepreneurs energized.
5. You Deserve It! After all hard work does pay off, Vacations are very important for healthy balance of personal and work life. It allows entrepreneurs to see the fruits of our labor. Stefan Richardson owner and operator of Letz Get It Logistics LLC stated there is nothing like taking an exotic vacation that you knew a year ago wouldn’t have been possible if not for your efforts. Every 6 months he tries to take time off to reconcile his life and see how he can make it better. This process is way easier on a beach getting served by your butler that came with your room and soaking in the vitamin D!!!
I hope I was able to capture the reasons why vacations will help entrepreneurs grow. I really hope I have you all ready to book your next trip!
Where is your next trip?
Do you have a trip planned?
Please comment below I want to hear all about it!