Ok guys I get a ton of emails asking how can business owners and entrepreneurs obtain business credit. While your personal credit score and tradelines do determine your credit lines initially… once you secure business credit tradelines your personal credit is no longer needed. This is a must read on How to Secure Business Credit.
I was able to compile a list of most common questions for business credit and please if you don’t see your questions or answers… let me know! I am here to please!
- What is business credit? Simple put business credit is a track record of your business financial responsibilities. One can establish business credit with credit builders or credit cards. Credit builders sometimes called Net 30 vendors are creating accounts with companies that report your payment history. Companies like Uline and Staples and Office Depot (just to name a few) are considered net 30 vendors. You purchase something today and have 30 days to pay the invoice. Paying before the due date is great practice because it will give you a great paydex score with Dun & Bradstreet. Check out the list below from Credit Nav to give you a visual of business credit scores:
- What is a good score to obtain business credit? A good score to obtain business credit is a 700 or more and credit utilization should be under 30%. I do recommend you already have a personal credit card limit of at least $2500 . More is even better. Also see below for more specifics on qualifications on business credit.
- Does my business need to be seasoned? Your business can be a new as today and as old as 20 years. Business credit is only for LLC or Corporation so it’s best to establish a business as soon as you can. I welcome new small businesses to apply to get the capital you need for your new business.
- How much can the business qualify for? Small businesses can get funded up to $250K. On average most business funding amounts are between $25-50K.
- Can the business use a co-signer? Your business can use a credit partner. If the credit partner is not a part of your business that is fine. We can do an amendment for your business. Some credit partner require a small fee, please establish the agreement prior to going into business. Get everything in writing and notarizing the document is also a good idea.
- What kind of credit does the business get? For a small business we can offer credit cards with 0% interest. This a perfect way to start your business! Or if you are not ready for business credit cards, you can fulfill your business profile with net 30 vendors.
- Will my personal score be affected? As we establish tradelines, your personal credit is ran to get the credit lines. Inquiries account for about 10% of your personal score so the reward is far more greater than the risk. Before we even get started, we send you a funding estimate based on your 3 in 1 credit pull. Pulling your own credit have no negative impact on your score. You can pull your credit here Credit Report for $1.00. However after the initial round of applications, your personal credit is no longer needed.
- Why is business credit important? Business credit is important to establish credibility for your business. It’s also important to keep your personal and business credit separate. This is another way to keep your personal credit free of business harm. Every business has unexpected expenses and “its always better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it” (I learned this somewhere not sure who to credit this quote to but it’s an awesome principle to live by).
- Does business credit report to credit bureau? Business credit reports to D&B Experian & Equifax business. You will need to visit the websites and register your business with them. Make sure you have your EIN number, Company name etc when signing up for these credit reporting agencies. As always you can always contact Leap21 to assist you along the way.
- What can I use business credit for? You can use this credit for any business venture you want. Some people even use it instead of using their personal credit to keep it clean.
- I want to start a business and I have credit what are my next steps? Drop us a line below to get started on expanding your business. Leap21 specializes in business funding for businesses. We also help bring your company to life!
In order to qualify for business funding you must have the following criteria:
1. 680 credit score across all 3 bureaus
2. No missed payments on any account in last 12 months
3. No Foreclosures, Bankruptcies, or Liens, ever. *Client may be considered if the event was
3+ years ago and client has good history and accounts since then.
4. At least 3 years personal credit history
5. At least $5,000 in major bank credit card Limits on Individual or Joint personal credit cards
6. Usage ratio of less than 30% of available personal credit Limits
7. Less than 5 inquiries on each credit bureau in the last 12 months.
Please contact us to get started!
Take a leap into business!
Contact Leap21 today for your business needs!
Lets succeed in business… together!